I'm an epidemiologist by training; I've been working in applied research for 4 years and in research labs for 11 years. My background includes biology, environmental health sciences, and of course epidemiologic and statistical methods. Projects I currently work on primarily focus on evaluation of programs and initiatives with a community health focus, active living, or adolescent health. My dissertation, titled "An Epidemiologic Analysis of Intergenerational Child Maltreatment" explored a social work topic with a public health lens. Current interests I stay on top of include adverse childhood experiences and trauma, active commuting and multimodal transport, yoga and exercise science research, sexual health and HIV prevention, and environmental health more broadly. My interest in staying abreast of the literature is in informing the work I do with current evidence. My research blog covers these topics and yoga more generally.
- Galos, D.L. & Orionzi, D. Health Equity: The Role of Demographic Data. Published in Minnesota Physician Monthly, December 2016. Available at: http://www.mppub.com/MP_MP.html
- Galos, D.L. (2016). Intergenerational child maltreatment and MCA proficiency among 3rd through 8th graders. (Minn-LInK Brief No. 29). Available at: http://cascw.umn.edu/portfolio_tags/minn-link/
- Spinelli, W. M., Fernstrom, K.M., Galos, D.L., and Britt, H. Extending Our Understanding of Burnout and Its Associated Factors Providers and Staff in Primary Care Clinics. Evaluation and the Health Professions, September 2016, 39(3), 282-298.
- Oakes, J.M., Fuchs, E.L., Tate, A., Galos, D.L. & Biyoow, I.M. (2016) How exactly would you improve a neighborhood’s health? Evidence from a pragmatic social determinant’s perspective. Current Epidemiology Reports, 3(1), 106-112.
- Wilkerson, J.M., Noor, S.W., Galos, D.L., & Rosser, B.R.S. (2015) Correlates of a single-item indicator versus a multi-item scale of outness about same-sex attraction. Archives of Sexual Behavior 45(5), 1269 – 1277.
- Grey, J.A., Iantaffi, A.,Wilkerson, J.M., Galos, D.L. & Rosser, B.R.S. (2015). An Updated Protocol to Detect Invalid Entries in an Online Survey of Men Who Have Sex With Men (MSM): How Do Valid and Invalid Submissions Compare? AIDS and Behavior, 19(10), 1928-1937.
- Marczak, M.M., Galos, D.L., Hardman, A.M., Becher, E.H., Ruhland, E.R. & Olson, K.J. (2015) Co-Parent Court Project: A Problem-Solving Court Model for Supporting Unmarried Parents. Family Court Review, 53(2), 267-278.
- Marczak, M.M., Becher, E.H., Hardman, A.M., Galos, D.L., & Ruhland, E.R. (2015) Strengthening the Role of Unmarried Fathers: Findings from the Co-Parent Court Project. Family Process, 54(4), 630-638.
- Galos, D.L., Smolenski, D.J., Grey, J.A., Iantaffi, A. & Rosser, B.R.S. (2015) Preferred Aspects of Sexually Explicit Media among Men who Have Sex with Men: Where Do Condoms Fit In? Psychology & Sexuality, 6(2), 147 – 165.
- Hald, G., Træen, B., Noor, S., Iantaffi, A., Galos, D., and Rosser, S. (2013). Does Sexually Explicit Media (SEM) Affect Me? Assessing First Person Effects of SEM Consumption among Norwegian Men Who Have Sex with Men. Psychology and Sexuality, 6(1), 59-74.
- Erickson, D.J.E., Galos, D.L., Smolenski, D.J., Iantaffi, A., & Rosser, B.R.S. (2013) Typologies of Sexually Explicit Media Consumption among Men who Have Sex with Men: A Latent Class Analysis. Psychology & Sexuality, 6(1), 28-43.
- Kerr, Z.Y., Miller, K., Galos, D., Love, R., & Poole, C. (2013). Challenges, coping strategies, and recommendations related to the HIV-services field in the HAART-era: A systematic literature review of qualitative studies from the U.S. and Canada. AIDS Patient Care and STDs, February 2013, 27(2), 85-95.
- Polivka, B., Chaudry, R., Wilson, R., Crawford, J., & Galos, D. (2013) Application and modification of the integrative model for environmental health. Public Health Nursing, 30(2), 167-176.
University of Minnesota School of Public Health SPHere Newsletter: Galos Awarded Graduate School's Interdisciplinary Doctoral Fellowship https://www.sph.umn.edu/news/galos-awarded-idf/